Sunday, 24 July 2016

How Niger Delta Sea Pirates Gun Down NSCDC Member reports that gunmen suspected to be sea pirates has attacked operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in Bayelsa State, killing one of them.

It was gathered that the operatives were on a surveillance duty at Agbobiri community in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area when they were ambushed by the armed pirates.
The operatives from the anti-vandal unit of NSCDC were said to have gone to the creeks to check oil installations in the area in line with the directive of the state Commandant, Mr. Desmond Agu.
A source from the state command of NSCDC who spoke in confidence said following the activities of militants in the region, Agu deployed his men in oil-bearing communities and ordered them to constantly patrol oil installations in the creeks.
The source said: “the team had conducted their daily surveillance and were on their way back when suddenly some gunmen suspected to be sea pirates opened fire on them. The men fired back but because it was an ambush, one of them was killed”.
He said the incident happened on Friday at about 11.15pm adding that the gunmen must have also suffered casualties.
It was gathered that the deceased was an indigene of Okodi in Ogbia Local Government Area of the state.
Divers were said to have recovered the body of the deceased operative.
When contacted, Agu, who confirmed the incident, described it as unfortunate and reinstated the commitment of his command in protecting all assets of the government against sabotage.
He said the killers would not go unpunished adding that his men gave a good account of themselves despite the ambush.
He asked criminals operating in the creeks to turn a new leaf or leave the state adding that the command was highly determined and motivated to deal with them.
He said: “My men of the anti-vandal unit on surveillance duty were ambushed at Agobiri community in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area. they were ambushed on their way back by sea pirates.
“One of them was killed. The incident happened on Friday at about 2315 hours. We have recovered the body”.



Etiam at libero iaculis, mollis justo non, blandit augue. Vestibulum sit amet sodales est, a lacinia ex. Suspendisse vel enim sagittis, volutpat sem eget, condimentum sem.