Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Anambra Mourns As Fire Burn Multimilion naira Awka Timber Sheds to Ashes reports that Anambra State is currently in sad mood again barely two weeks after tanker fire razed hundreds of people to ashes at Onitsha.

However, the current incident was fire outbreak and happened at Awka.

Properties worth millions of naira have been burnt to ashes at Awka, the capital of Anambra State.

The fire incident which occurred around 9 PM yesterday, reliably gathered, razed machines, tools and furniture at timber and carpenters sheds otherwise known as Ukwu Ogbu carpenters shed, located at number 9 Oraogbu street Umudioka, Awka South Council Area of Anambra State.

Eye witness told our publisher that the fire was noticed around 9 pm Tuesday night, and later the state fire service men arrived but could not put off the ‘blazing fire’, as a result of water shortage.

 “Therefore the blazing fire burnt down everything within the premises” he said.
When arrived the seen some minutes after 9 o’clock on Wednesday, one of the fire victims, Azubike Eze lamented that there loses were colossal, running into several millions of naira, as some of the shop owners looked in consternation.

Eze, who queried; “how do u qualify the losses? We lost several machines, working tools, house hold furniture being contracts awarded to some of us, office furniture chairs, tables, warehouses, workshops and shops were all turned into ashes. I am confused. Oh God!  What shall I do?”.

However, there were many versions as to the root cause of the fire outbreak, although both pointed accusing fingers to a neighbour’s compound closer to the stalls where bonfire was burning around 6PM before the fire incident.

Speaking to under the condition of anonymity, another victim explained that one of timbers in the place quickly rush to that yard to complain, and they actually stopped although the fire might have penetrated.

Another version, further linked the fire outbreak to electrical fault or un-switched off working machine which ignited due to power surge, while others claimed that the fire spread from sawdust burning.

 As at the time of filing this report, some sympathizers and relatives of victims were seen gathering in groups discussing the fire incident, while many of those affected lamented their loses. media crew spotted all sheds at the area in shambles when arrived to the scene.



Etiam at libero iaculis, mollis justo non, blandit augue. Vestibulum sit amet sodales est, a lacinia ex. Suspendisse vel enim sagittis, volutpat sem eget, condimentum sem.